Human Biosample Program Management, Cold Storage, Inventory, Packaging, Distribution and Logistics.
Successful biomarker clinical research studies require comprehensive, coordinated management of PIs and clinical sites in order to maintain protocol compliance and ensure specimen integrity during collection, cold storage and transport. Our experienced team of clinical trial managers use DiscoveryTrak to customize solutions for your time-sensitive, data-critical biomarker clinical research studies, particularly when it comes to infectious disease substances category 6.2 programs that require specialized collection, handling, transport, distribution and cold storage considerations. Through experience, we recognize that each clinical research study is different; they require seasoned insight to anticipate workflow at clinical sites and ensure that each clinical research specimen or patient sample is collected properly and packaged for delivery.
Comprehensive BioSample Management for Clinical Research Programs.
• We coordinate human biosample specimen receiving, accessioning, labelling, vialing, inventory control, cold storage, distribution, and logistics. All of these are harmonized with our consultative services, Discovery Partners® and our Research Sample bioBank platforms.
Customized Patient Biosample Kit Design and Development.
• We work with you to develop kits that reflect specific patient recruitment workflow and operational conditions at each clinical site.
Patient Biosample Kit Assembly and Site Distribution.
• It makes no difference how large or small your patient requrements, we'll manage the logistics, delivery, and inventory levels at your sites to ensure sufficient quantities of materials are on hand to meet recruiting demand.
Infectious Substance Class 6.2 Patient Biosample Packaging & Shipping Logistics.
• It takes experience, training, and operational excellence to meet the demands of IATA, DOT, UNSCOE and ICAO shipping compliance. We specialize in importing international infectious substances class 6.2.
DiscoveryTrak customized collection kits may include, but are not limited to:
- BD Vacutainer™ tubes for the collection of whole blood, serum, plasma, lymphocytes, mononuclear cells and other whole blood components
- Qiagen Paxgene™ tubes for single step preparation of whole blood DNA
- STRECK CELL-FREE DNA BCT® blood collection tube which stabilizes nucleated blood cells, allowing isolation of high-quality cell-free DNA
- BD Vacutainer PPT™ plasma preparation tubes for molecular diagnostic applications
- BD CPT™ tubes for the collection and preparation of mononuclear cells
- RNAlater™ for preserving RNA in fresh tissue
- Customized outer packaging and labeling
- Patient CRF's
- Cryogenic storage vials
- Patient (barcode) ID labels
- Refrigerant packs and temperature monitors
- Storage boxes
- IATA-, UN-, and DOT-compliant shipping labels and packaging materials
- Blood collection kits
- Transfer pipettes
- Alcohol swabs